In Clarke County, we know that success in business is in direct proportion to the quality of their workers. The happier, better educated, more committed the employee, the better the business output. According to the current Laborshed Analysis, completed by Iowa Workforce Development, Clarke County has a potential workforce of 237,889 people.
Of those available employees:
- 52.6% have education/training beyond high school
- 20.1% have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree
- 25% of the workforce are employed in the manufacturing industry which includes metal fabrication and computer electronics.
- Current wage thresholds of $12.00 to $14.00 per hour
- 19% are currently employed by two or more employers