Where can riders on RAGBRAI stay?
RAGBRAI kicked off its 2016 ride and this year Southern Iowa has a front-row seat. Tens of thousands of cyclists, their support teams, friends, families, and all of the fun and frivolity that comes along with them will soon be rolling through our area. Osceola saw RAGBRAI as an Overnight Stop in 1992 and again in 2003. Each time the community welcomed the bicycling blitz with open arms, open dinner tables, and even some showers (much needed, from our understanding) 😉 . The Square was a hotbed of activity and the community witnessed an incredible display of success hosting the guests.
This year, while not in the cross-hairs of the route, Southern Iowa’s Creston and Leon are stops along the route Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively. After the experiences Osceola witnessed in ’92 and ’03, Clarke County wanted to make sure the riders, teams and accompanying buzz were aware of the open arms and hospitality available in Osceola and the surrounding areas. Nothing could be better for a tired cyclist than a warm meal and comfortable bed. And for the teams and families that travel along with the riders, there’s always a need for housing and basic amenities like hotel rooms, restaurants, food, and more.
With Creston and Leon just a few miles away, Osceola makes the perfect support pit stop for the two days. If bookings are made for Tuesday night, they can be held over for Wednesday as the cyclists travel to Leon and off to Centerville on Thursday’s overnight stop.
Below are the local hotels and facilities available (Over 360 rooms) to the RAGBRAI cyclists and their support teams. Each location has a number of rooms available as well as some food service and entertainment – if you’re looking for something outside the RAGBRAI insanity.
Best RAGBRAI stay options in South-Central Iowa:
Click the links below to visit the website / book rooms, or click the phone number to call.
- Lakeside Hotel and Casino: 777 Casino Drive, Osceola, IA (on I-35) – (641) 342-9511 – 150 Rooms
- Super 8: 720 Warren Ave, Osceola, IA 50213 (Hwy 34 and I-35 exchange) – (641) 342-6594 – 54 Rooms
- Americinn: 111 Ariel Cir, Osceola, IA 50213 (Hwy 34 and I-35 exchange) – (641) 342-9400 – 45 Rooms
- Quality Inn: 710 Warren Ave, Osceola, IA 50213 (Hwy 34) – (641) 342-6666 – 45 Rooms
- America’s Best Value: 1520 Jeffreys Dr, Osceola, IA 50213 (on Hwy 34, just off i-35) – (641) 342-2123 – 37 Rooms
- Blue Haven: (On the Osceola Town Square) – (641) 342-2115 – 19 Rooms
- Evergreen: 221 W McLane St, Osceola, IA 50213 (just off Hwy 69 on W McLane Street) – (641) 342-3162 – 13 Rooms
We look forward to seeing the RAGBRAI crews rolling through South-Central Iowa again. Enjoy your ride and enjoy our communities. And remember, CYCLE and TRAVEL SAFE!